The Olympus Tough TG-5 combines high-end image quality with the convenience of pocket-sized portability and a tough waterproof design. The TG-5 upgrades from the popular TG-4 with an all new 12 megapixel backlit CMOS sensor, TruePic VIII image processor (which is also used in the OM-D E-M1 Mark II), new anti-fog dual pane protective glass to prevent the lens from misting up after extreme temperature shifts. Video is considerably enhanced now boasting 4K at 30P and Full HD 120fps high-speed movies. Other enhancements include a Pro Capture feature that ensures you get a shot at the precise instant you want in a fast moving sequence and the controls have been improved for easier handling in harsh conditions or whilst wearing gloves including a new dial for easier control of key functions.
- Super-bright 1:2.0 wide 4x optical zoom lens for wide-angle shots and excellent image quality with high ISO values in low light
- 12 magapixel backlit CMOS sensor
- TruePic VIII image processor
- Waterproof to 15m
- Shockproof to 2.1m
- Crushproof to 100kg
- Freezeproof to -10°C
- Unrivaled four-mode super Macro system for spectacular close-ups from 30cm to just 1cm
- 4K 30P Video as well as high-speed Full-HD modes to provide slow motion playback
- Built-in Wi-Fi and OI.Share app compatibility for remote control and sharing via smartphone
- GPS, compass and OI.Track app compatibility for fast and accurate location data
- Underwater HDR Mode for more definition of dark and light areas
- AF Area for focusing on selected areas of the image
- Customizable, easily reachable mode dial for quickly accessing key settings on the go
The TG-5 is shockproof to a height of 2.1 metres, crushproof to a weight of 100kg, freeze-proof down to -10°C, dustproof, and waterproof to a depth of 15m without a special underwater housing. With the PT-058 underwater casing (sold separately), images and movies can even be captured in depths of up to 45 metres.
Super-bright 25-100 mm lens
This has a 1:2.0 maximum aperture at wide zoom settings, which means the TG-5 can capture colourful, low-noise shots in light-starved environments where fast shutter speeds and low ISO settings are a must. For example, 15m underwater with no need for a housing or extra light. Divers will not only profit from the built-in manometer but also from Underwater HDR to enhance areas of light and shadow, AF Area to shift the focus within the frame and the glove-friendly customizable mode dial together with a new control wheel.
Field sensor system
For spectacular nature shots, the TG-5 has an advanced, 4-mode Variable Macro system, with Microscope, Microscope Control, Focus Bracketing, and Focus Stacking Mode. The latter works without software, which is unique in this camera category. To maximise realism and colours and minimise noise, the TG-5 also supports RAW files. Four Action Track Sensors (GPS, temperature, manometer, compass) record data to supplement still shots and