Taking performance to new heights, the FUJIFILM X-Pro2 offers the world's only Hybrid Multi Viewfinder and features a brand new 24MP
X-Trans™ III sensorX-Pro2 Key Features:
- NEW 24.3-megapixel X-Trans III sensor
- Unique colour filter array, no optical low-pass filter - reduces moiré and false colours
- World's first Hybrid Multi Viewfinder
- NEW X Processor Pro Image Processor
- NEW Dual SD card slots
- Full HD 1080p video recording
- Enhanced ISO 200-12800 (Exp. 100-25,600)
- NEW focal-plane shutter, 1/8000 sec max speed
- EVF uses an LCD with 2.36-million dots
- 3.0" LCD display with 1.62-million dots
- Robust, weather resistant magnesium alloy body
- X-Mount lenses
Newly developed 24.3MP X-Trans™ CMOS III sensor
The unique random colour filter array reduces moiré and false colours without the need for an optical low-pass filter. These colour filters also have the effect of increasing the resolution so, when shooting with a high-resolution Fujinon lens, the camera delivers images with a perceived resolution far greater than the actual number of pixels used.
New high-performance X Processor Pro image processing engine
Boasting 4x the processing speed of conventional image processing engines, the X Processor Pro has increased all response times, despite the increased resolution. Write speeds, start-up time and high-speed continuous shooting speeds have all been increased. Combined with the X-Trans™ CMOS III sensor, the new image processing engine achieves even faster autofocus, lower noise and both tonal and colour reproduction that surpasses the previous EXR Processor II.
The world's first Advanced Hybrid Multi Viewfinder offering the benefits of both optical and electronic viewfinders
The X-Pro2 features optical and electronic viewfinders so users can take advantage of both: optical for a direct view of the subject, electronic to preview settings. The ability to instantly switch between these two types of viewfinders was first installed on the X100 in 2011, but the latest version found on the X-Pro2 is the most advanced Hybrid Viewfinder. It features a Multi-Magnification function that automatically switches viewfinder magnification according to the lens in use and an Electronic Rangefinder that simultaneously displays the electronic viewfinder on top of the optical viewfinder.
New focal plane shutter with a top speed of 1/8000 sec. and flash sync up to 1/250 sec.
A faster mechanical shutter gives extra flexibility for aperture selections in bright conditions or when shooting with flash during the day. In addition, while noise and vibration levels typically increase with faster shutter speeds, the X-Pro2 is quieter and vibrates less compared to conventional models thanks to the optimisation of key controls and parts.
Robust, weather resistant body meets the needs of professional photographers.
The camera's chassis is made from four pieces of magnesium alloy and is sealed in a total of 61 points on each section, making it dust-proof, splash-proof and capable of operating in temperatures as low as -10°C. In addition, it has dual SD card slots, for more reliable image storage.
Ultimate image quality thanks to the highest resolution sensor to date in an X-series camera and unique colour technologies developed over more than 80 years as a film manufacturer
- The X-Pro2 features the new 24.3MP X-Trans™ CMOS III sensor that uses a unique random colour filter array to reduce moiré and false colours without the need for an optical low-pass filter (OLPF). By eliminating the OLPF the resolving power of FUJINON lenses is maximised to deliver images comparable to a larger, higher resolution sensor.
- Fujifilm's unique colour reproduction technology, developed through over 80 years of producing photographic film, delivers beautiful colours just as you remember them, including warm skin tones, clear blue skies, and the vivid greens of foliage.
- The X-Pro2 features the new ACROS Film Simulation mode. Harnessing the high processing performance of the X Processor Pro, this mode produces smooth tones, deep blacks and rich textures that are far superior to conventional monochrome modes.
- A new Grain Effect mode adds graininess to photographs. This mode produces images reminiscent of old film photos, especially when printed
- Improved noise reduction has been made possible by an improvement in signal processing technology. High ISO sensitivity performance has also been improved to the point that the whole sensitivity range – up to the maximum ISO 12,800 – can now be used with confidence. Even the higher settings have smoother gradations and deeper blacks, vastly increasing low light shooting options.
- An improved electric charge transfer rate and algorithm means ultra-fast readout speeds are possible. This has led to a significant improvement in functions including AF speed and continuous shooting performance.
Ultra-high performance X-Processor Pro boosts processing speeds by 4x that of a conventional processor.
- The powerful X-Processor Pro dramatically improves a wide range of response times. Start-up time is now just 0.4sec., plus the camera also boasts the shortest shooting interval of 0.25sec., a shutter time lag of 0.05 sec. and AF in 0.06 sec.)
- By using compressed RAW files, performance and functionality now meets the needs of professional photographers, including faster live view and even higher definition movies.
The world's first Advanced Hybrid Multi Viewfinder, which combines switchable optical and electronic viewfinders
- The EVF uses an LCD with 2.36 million dots. The display speed has been improved from the 54fps of the previous model to a maximum speed of 85fps, which substantially reduces the image delay phenomenon when tracking a moving subject. Blackout time after release has also been reduced by approximately half, to 150ms, so it's comparable to an optical viewfinder.
- The optical viewfinder's design is based on the proven system from the X-Pro1. It incorporates a diopter correction mechanism and has a longer eye point of 16mm so the finder is easier to see through. In addition, the telephoto bright frame has been enlarged from a focal length of 60mm to 140mm, further enhancing practicality and convenience.
- The X-Pro2 features an Electronic Rangefinder (ERF) mode that was highly rated on the X100 series. It displays a small electronic viewfinder on top of the optical viewfinder, which can be used to check focus, the angle-of-view, exposure and white balance in real-time, even when taking photos through the OVF.
The number of selectable focusing points has been expanded from 49 on previous models to 77 for greater functionality and faster autofocus.
- Approximately 40% of the imaging area is now covered by fast, precise phase detection AF pixels, which means focusing speeds when photographing moving subjects have improved dramatically. By combining the processing capabilities of the new X Processor Pro with a contrast AF readout speed that's 2x faster than before, the X-Pro2 delivers the fastest AF performance ever in an X-Series camera.
- By improving the predictive AF algorithm and increasing the accuracy of the phase detection AF information continuous shooting at up to 8.0fps is possible.
Rugged and reliable body that is ready for anything professional users can throw at it.
- The body is made from rigid magnesium alloy and has seals in approximately 61 places making it splash and dust resistant. It will also continue to operate in temperatures as low as -10°C so it can be used almost anywhere without having to worry about the conditions.
- It features the same semi-gloss black finish as the X-Pro1. This finish can only be added after a thorough polishing and adds a luxurious touch that will please câmera enthusiasts.
- The focal plane shutter now boasts a top speed of 1/8000 sec., flash sync at up to 1/250sec and shutter durability of 150,000 shots, making it both versatile and reliable.
- A dual SD slot has been added for the first time in an X-series camera. Not only does this reduce the need to replace cards frequently, it also enables multi-shot continuous shooting and reduces the risk of data loss.
- The rear LCD uses a 3 inch display with 1.62-million dots. This makes it perfect for composing images as well as assessing shots from the X-Trans™ CMOS III sensor for sharpness, colour accuracy and white balance.
With key functions located on the right hand side of the camera body, all main controls can be accessed without taking your eye from the viewfinder.
- The shutter speed dial, exposure compensation dial and finder switching lever are all milled from aluminium for a premium look and comfortable feel.
- Reminiscent of old film cameras, the ISO sensitivity dial is now built-in to the shutter speed dial. This means camera settings can be confirmed at a glance without having to turn the power on.
- A command dial position (C) has been added to the exposure compensation dial. Selecting this function switches exposure compensation operation to the front command dial and expands the range to ±5EV.
- Command dials are now featured on both the front and rear of the camera. By adding a push function, they are easier to use, but still retain dust and splash resistance.
- A total of six function buttons are included, allowing easier access to regularly used functions.
- The addition of centre-weighted metering is ideal for everyday shooting when using the optical viewfinder. As it is a more basic metering method, it's perfect for photographers who don't want to rely on high levels of metering automation.
- A new Focus Lever enables users to quickly select a focusing point, speeding up operation.
New graphical user interface design
- New categories have been added to the tabs on the menu screen, allowing faster access to the menu required.
- A maximum of 16 frequently used items can be registered to the new My Menu feature. When combined with the 16 items from the Q Menu, a total of 32 shortcuts can be created.
- The finder display offers a greater level of customisation so it can further match the individual needs of the photographer.
- The menu screen font and layout have been changed for a cleaner and more stylish look.
- A Bright Frame Simulation function has been added to the optical viewfinder mode. Here, the angle of view of each focal length can be confirmed without having to replace the lens, so the user can change lenses more accurately.
Accessories for extra convenience
- Hand Grip MHG-XPRO2. Improves the grip on the camera and reduces the chances of camera shake, especially when using heavy, large aperture lenses. This grip can be left in place when using a tripod and enables users to change the battery and SD card without having to remove the grip from the body. The Arca Swiss plate can be used as a quick release with compatible tripods.
- Leather Case BLC-XPRO2. This genuine-leather bottom case elegantly shows off the X-Pro2's classic design while protecting the camera body. The battery can be replaced while the case is attached to the camera and the case comes with a cloth to wrap the entire camera body when storing it in a bag.
- Free smartphone and tablet apps. By downloading the free FUJIFILM Camera Remote app to your smartphone or tablet device*17, users can use the Remote Control function, which allows a wealth of control, even from a distance. This functionality is great for a wide variety of shots, including group photos, self-portraits and animals in their natural habitat. Photos and videos can be sent to devices such as your smartphone with an easy one-touch operation. Pictures and videos on the camera can be browsed, selected, and imported using your smartphone, all without the hassle of inputting an ID or password. It is also possible to add location information acquired by the smartphone or tablet to the image.
- Wi-Fi® Transfer*18
Wi-Fi® Transfer is supported, enabling wireless backup of the data to a computer*19.
*17 Android™, smartphone and table devices, iPhone / iPad.
*18 Wi-Fi® is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance®.
*19 Requires advanced installation of the free dedicated software FUJIFILM PC AutoSave to your computer.
Interval timer shooting
- An interval timer for shooting time-lapse sequences is available offering intervals of one second to 24 hours for up to 999 frames.