Cameraland Price £359.99
C | Contemporary
SIGMA 18-300mm F3.5-6.3 DC MACRO OS HSM
18-300mm F3.5-6.3 DC MACRO HSM
16.6x high ratio zoom lens incorporating 4 FLD glass elements to prioritise the optical performance
1. Incorporates 1 SLD and 4 FLD glass elements to minimise chromatic aberration. It makes a
difference in the rendering performance toward the telephoto-end.
2. Newly developed OS system for better compensation.
3. A close-up lens is exclusively developed for this product (sold separately), which will not affect
the optical performance of the original lens. It offers a maximum magnification ratio 1:2 and
changeable angles of view enables zoom-macro photography.
4. New product lines from SGV concepts are setting new benchmarks for image quality.
Emphasising image quality. This is a SIGMA's new all-in-one lens.
Who decides it is impossible to combine portability with image quality? It is understood that the relationship between optical performance and the lens shape is more like a trade-off, and we may need to prioritise one over the other. A high ratio zoom lens often requires compactness and enhancement of additional features to be capable enough to cover various shooting scenes with convenience and versatility. However, SIGMA still believes that image quality is what matters the most. When travelling with minimal equipment the lens needs a wide zoom range especially as a telephoto lens may be needed unexpectedly without time to switch lenses. Even with a high ratio zoom lens, our goal is to satisfy enthusiastic photographers with the versatility of the lens and its optical performance. Therefore, we sought for the point where all the pieces, such as specification, performance and size fall into place and this lens is the fruit of this journey. This is good either as your first interchangeable lens or as a high performance all in one lens. Enjoy the performance of a high ratio standard zoom lens that has "the highest standard for excellent image quality based on each concept", of which Sigma product lines has renewed and established with Sigma Global Vision.
1. Incorporates 1 SLD and 4 FLD glass elements to minimise chromatic aberration. It makes a difference in the rendering performance toward the telephoto-end.
● Excellent optical performance that satisfies experienced users
This lens incorporates 4 FLD (“F” Low Dispersion) glass elements, which have performance equal to fluorite plus 1 SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass element. This minimises chromatic aberration, especially toward the telephoto-end, and provide clear image quality with high colour fidelity.
* FLD glass is the highest level low dispersion glass available with extremely high light transmission. This optical glass
has a performance equal to fluorite glass which has a low refractive index and low dispersion compared to current optical glass. It also benefits from high anomalous dispersion. These characteristics give excellent correction for residual chromatic aberration (secondary spectrum) which cannot be corrected by ordinary optical glass and ensures high definition and high contrast images.
● Accumulated lens technology leads to superior image quality
The most appropriate optical glass elements are selected to optimize all focal lengths of the lens. From wide-angle to telephoto and macro ranges, it offers superior image quality throughout the entire zoom range. It compensates for the distortion very well, especially at the wide-end, and carries extraordinary expressive capability from the centre to the corners.
2. Newly Developed OS system
● Renewed OS system for higher compensation
By reviewing the system construction and the algorithm of firmware, 3.5 stops of compensation has been achieved.
* Based on CIPA's guideline. Measuring at tele-photo end, when it is attached to the camera with APS-C image sensor.
3. A close-up lens is exclusively developed for this product (sold separately), which will not affect the optical performance of the original lens. It offers a maximum magnification ratio 1:2 and changeable angles of view enables zoom-macro photography.
● Exclusive close-up lens (optional accessory)
The minimum focusing distance of the lens is 39cm, its maximum magnification ratio is 1:3 and the working distance is 14cm, which is similar to macro lenses. In addition to this, a close-up lens, AML 72-01 (sold separately), has been developed exclusively for this product. It ensures consistent rendering across the zoom range and enables higher performance in macro photography at 1:2. Even when this close-up lens is attached the image taken at maximum magnification ratio, at 300mm, infinity, shows very little difference in MTF performance.
* Focus is at infinity, and the recommended shooting range is 80-300mm.
● Zoom-macro for enhanced macro photography
Just by rotating the zoom ring, it enables photographers to take close-up pictures of subjects such as jewellery and flowers. The maximum magnification ratio at respective focal lengths is indicated on the lens barrel, thus it is easy to see what the object size will be at the sensor. Furthermore, in order to secure a clear field-of-view, the design of this lens is very thorough, even down to the precise position of the engraved letters on the lens.
4. New product lines from SGV concepts that are setting new benchmarks for image quality.
Latest technology for high optical performance and compactness
High performance line corresponding with various photography situations
SIGMA is organising all its interchangeable lenses into three product lines; Contemporary, Art and Sports. Among the three, the Contemporary line is a high performance line which incorporates the very latest technology making it possible to accommodate both high optical performance and compactness for use in various photography situations. Sigma has solved the difficult problem of keeping the size and weight down without compromising optical performance and function with the latest technology.
[SIGMA GLOBAL VISION]
“SIGMA Global Vision” - SIGMA is working on its full renewal of the products, and the new lens lines share all the following elements.
● Evaluation with SIGMA’s own MTF measuring system “A1”
We used to measure lens performance with an MTF measuring system using conventional sensors. However, we’ve now developed our own proprietary MTF (modulation transfer function) measuring system (A1) using 46-megapixel Foveon direct image sensors. Even previously undetectable high-frequency details are now within the scope of our quality control inspections. The SIGMA 18-300mm F3.5-6.3 DC MACRO OS HSM will all be checked using this “A1” before they are shipped.
[Specification] For Sigma
Lens Construction: 17 elements in 13 groups | Minimum aperture (wide): F22 | Filter size: ø72mm | Angle of view (SD1): 76.5° - 5.4° | Minimum focusing distance: 39cm. | Dimensions (Diameter x Length): ø79mm x 101.5mm/3.1in. x 4.0in. | Number of diaphragm blades: 7 (Rounded diaphragm) | Maximum magnification ratio: 1:3 | Weight: 585g/20.6oz.
This product has not been reviewed. You could write the first review.